Date Published:Jun. 04. 2014
Use the NBK Captive Screw Series to be comply with CE
Use the NBK Captive Screw Series to be comply with CE marking requirements*.
EU Machinery Directive Appendix I of the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) of the EC Directives requires that screws that secure protective and inspection covers on instruments and machines do not fall out from the cover when the cover is removed.
Excerpt from EU Machinery Directive Appendix I
- 1.4.2 Special requirements for guards
- 184.108.40.206 Fixed guards
- Fixed guards must be fixed by systems that can be opened or removed only with tools.
- Their fixing systems must remain attached to the guards or to the machinery when the guards are removed.
- Where possible, guards must be incapable of remaining in place without their fixings.
- 1.1.1 Definitions
- (f)‘ guard’ means a part of the machinery used specifically to provide protection by means of a physical barrier;
*CE marking proves that the machines, devices, and other products of manufacturers comply with EC directives. Products exported or distributed in EC member states must comply with EC directives. In order to distribute products in EU member states, products must have CE marking, which proves that they comply with EC directives.
Recommended Articles for You
Screws must be protected from chemicals 【Energy-saving / reduced work-hours】
Introducing screws with excellent chemical resistance and screws with head coatings.
Hints for correctly using NBK products: Clamping Screws with Eccentric Head
Introducing usage methods for screws where the workpiece is strongly clamped by the head, which is decentered from the shaft center of the screw.
NBK has standardized products for fall prevention of parts in the knob, pull and e-nedzi.com (special screw) categories. Use NBK's Captive Series for food machinery, packaging machinery and chemical manufacturing equipment that require CE Marking compatibility and measures against contamination.