Date Published:May. 27. 2014
Plungers : Related Information
We will design and produce plungers in the optimum specifications (shape dimensions, load, material, etc.) according to your operating conditions.
Please specify the following conditions when you contact us.
- Type …Ball type or pin type (for the ball type, let us know if you add a spacer or not)
- Shape/Dimensions…Nominal diameter of thread, screw pitch, thread length, ball or pin diameter, stroke, and overall length
- Load…Minimum load (initial load)/Maximum load
- Material/Finish…Main unit, ball or pin, spring
- Vibration Resistant Treatment…Required/Notrequired
- Operating Conditions……Temperature, atmosphere, service life, etc.
- Minimum load (initial load)：It is the load that the plunger ball or pin starts sinking.
- Maximum load：It is the load that the plunger ball or pin has sunk completely.
- The plunger load changes in a linear manner between the minimum and the maximum. The plunger spring constant K can be computed in the following formula
Precautions for Use
In general, the heavy load type has shorter service life than the light load type. We recommend using the light load type for frequent use.
Recommended Articles for You
Webinar: How can we speed up and reduce the cost of the Motion Control System with Shaft Couplings?
How can replacing your current shaft couplings to improve your industrial productivity and reduce the cost? You can speed-up your Servo-system by using NBK’s XG-series couplings.
The Wireless Positioning Unit dramatically improves setup work
The Wireless Positioning Unit dramatically improves setup work.Wireless Positioning Units solve your positioning problems.
Description of Plungers for Engineers
Description of Machine elements for Designers Plungers Edition page. Plungers are machine elements for positioning and fixing workpieces. We offer a clear introduction to plungers, the advantages of their use, various usage examples, and their types and characteristics.