Date Published:Jun. 11. 2014
Safety Precautions for Couplings
In order to safely use our products, please carefully read "Precautions for safety" described here and "Precautions for use" and "Handling method" described on respective product pages before using products.
In the case it is thought that improper handling may cause a person to die or be heavily injured.
- The devices must be covered with our product protection covers. Otherwise your hands or fingers may contact the device in operation and get injured. However, do not fully cover the device but ventilate the surrounding air.
- A safety mechanism must beinstalled on the equipment for hazard prevention.
- When mounting or removing a product, never turn on the device. Otherwise your hands or fingers may contact the device suddenly driven and get injured.
- The screw (hex socket set screw or hex socket head cap screw) must be properly tightened using a torque driver or torque wrench.
- Do not use this unit with rotational frequency exceeding the max. rotational frequency.
- Never disassemble or modify the products.
- Do not use if there are abnormalities such as cracks, chips, wear, or deformation.
In the case it is thought that improper handling may cause a person to be injured or physical damage to occur.
- Do not store or use the products in an environment that may affect them.
- Be careful about handling the products. Dropping a product may damage them. Also, be careful not to damage your waist or drop a product and damage your feet when transporting products.
- The edges of the product may cause injury during installation or removal. Wear safety gear such as safety glasses and gloves, etc., when working.
- Coupling should be used with misalignment of not more than the allowable value. Use of the unit exceeding the allowable value may damage the product or affect peripheral devices.
- The load torque generated by cont inuous
operation must be not more than a rated torque of
Use of the unit exceeding the allowable value may damage the product or affect peripheral devices.
- In case of a device with large load fluctuation, please apply adhesive agent or upgrade the part number of a coupling to use by one level to prevent screw loosening.
- If any abnormal sound or vibration occurs during operation, immediately stop the operation and check the alignment, interference with peripheral devices, and loosening of screws.
- Screws other than our specified ones (hex socket set screw or hex socket head cap screw) should not be used.
- When discarding the used products, please ask a special dealer to discard them so as to prevent bad influence on environment.
- Never touch the product immediately after stopping the operation. Heat transmission from peripheral devices may cause the product to be highly heated, which may cause the worker to be burned.
- The data in the Technical Information are for reference only. They are not guaranteed values. Carry out tests under conditions similar to actual operating conditions in advance.
- After mounting the coupling, perform a load test for about 10 minutes prior to continuous operation to check the tightness of the screws of each part.
Recommended Articles for You
RoHS Compliance (Issuing Certificate)
This page explains the Revised RoHS Directive, NBK's actions for environment and Environmental Reports.
High-Gain Rubber Type Coupling XG2
This suppresses servo motor hunting and greatly shortens settling time. New NBK coupling XG2. Exhibits even higher responsivity than metal disk couplings. Contributes to improving productivity, such as suppressing speed unevenness during stepper motor operation.
Safety Precautions for Flanged Shaft Coupling
This page describes safety precautions when using flanged shaft couplings. Be sure to read the "Safety Precautions" thoroughly prior to use for the safe use of the product.