Hexalobular Internal Driving Feature for Bolts and Screws
Shape and dimensions of hexalobular socket for bolt and screw
Note（1）The allowable depth f of broad mouth part is according to the table.
Note（2）The curve of hexalobular socket contour is determined by the gauge specified in the above table.
- The bore depth c shall be 0.13 mm or smaller for hole No. 15 or smaller and 0.25 mm or smaller for hole over No. 15.
- Sink depth t depends on respective product standard.
- It is at the discretion of manufacturer as long as the hole bottom shape satisfies the allowable limit of sink depth t.
- Hexalobular socket must be able to accept the go-side gauge down to the sink depth t specified by the applicable product standard without effort.
- The not-go side gauge must be beyond the allowable depth f of the broad mouth part specified in the table.
Engineering Tips HINTS for NEW IDEAS
Recommended Articles for You
Hastelloy C-22 Screws
It describes the corrosion-resistant and long lasting "Hastelloy C-22 screw". With excellent corrosion resistance, it is used for semiconductor manufacturing equipment, liquid crystal panel manufacturing equipment, clean rooms, etc.
Collaboration Webinar: The Best Solutions for Shortening a Positioning Time by Using NBK's Couplings and SANYO DENKI's Servo Motors
This webinar shows how one can shorten the tact time dramatically by using vibration absorption coupling and low inertia servo motor together.
Plastic Screw Property
This page describes "Plastic Screw Properties" such as PEEK, PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), PPS, PC (polycarbonate) and PP (polypropylene).